Why Study at The Glenn Gould School?
Internationally Renowned School and Faculty
- The Glenn Gould School (GGS) was founded in 1987 at The Royal Conservatory of Music, one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world. The mission of The Royal Conservatory, to develop human potential through leadership in music and the arts, is based on the conviction that the arts are humanity's greatest means to achieve personal growth and social cohesion.
- GGS is an internationally recognized centre for professional training in music performance at the post-secondary and post-baccalaureate levels.
- Our esteemed faculty comprises internationally acclaimed performers, teachers, and scholars.
- Renowned GGS alumni include Glenn Gould, Teresa Stratas, Jon Vickers, and Mario Bernardi.
- GGS’s numerous practice studios, all with excellent acoustical separation and most equipped with grand pianos, ensure that studio availability is virtually guaranteed, including on weekends and holidays.
- GGS students benefit from practice time and performance opportunities at Koerner Hall, a major performance facility located at The Royal Conservatory designed in the tradition of Europe’s distinguished concert venues.
More Private Instruction and Performance Time
- One of the first schools to recognize the need for more private lesson time, GGS continues to provide 1.5 hours per week of individual instruction to each of its students—on average, 50 percent more one-on-one time than other programs.
- GGS offers an extensive masterclass program, each year presenting more than 125 classes taught by some of the world’s greatest artists.
- Students benefit from 80 to 100 annual performance opportunities at The Royal Conservatory's concert venues as well as major performance centres in Toronto.
Robust Career Development
- As members of The Royal Conservatory Orchestra and through classes in career management, GGS students are introduced to the world’s finest conductors, artistic directors, managers, and agents. Students are prepared to be entrepreneurial and competitive in the global marketplace.
- Students also benefit from participating in collaborative projects with performing arts organizations such as the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, the Canadian Opera Company, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, and Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra.
- Our alumni have established illustrious careers as solo performers, orchestral musicians, chamber musicians, and recording artists.
Nurturing Learning Environment
- A maximum enrollment of 130 students means that classes are small, which allows teachers to develop supportive, mentoring relationships with their students. Our students enjoy a unique, friendly camaraderie in a culturally diverse learning environment.
- GGS is located in the heart of Toronto, one of Canada’s most multicultural cities.
Find out if The Glenn Gould School is right for you! Contact Colin Story, Admissions and Student Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, who can help connect you with a member of our faculty.