Auditions are held in February. Exact dates, times, and locations will be communicated to the applicant directly, approximately one month before the scheduled audition.
**NOTE: Audition schedule is subject to change**
Please download our Audition Repertoire Document
- All voice and piano applicants are required to submit a prescreening recording by the application deadline.
- The Glenn Gould School reserves the right to reject any applicant whose recording is deemed to be of insufficient audio or video quality to judge the performance.
- All applicants will be advised of the decision on their recording in January, via email.
- Applicants moving forward in the process will be invited to perform a live audition
- Live auditions will be held in February at The Royal Conservatory in Toronto
- Applicants will be notified of their audition date and time in January, via email.
- International applicants must indicate in a separate letter if they require a letter of invitation to obtain a visa to enter Canada for their audition.
- Hiring an accompanist is the responsibility of the applicant. Though you are not required to use a GGS accompanist, a list of accompanists available at a special rate will be provided.
On the Day of Your Audition
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before your audition time and check in at the welcome table.
- Applicants who arrive without an accompanist or whose accompanist is late or absent will not have one provided for them. All applicants (except piano) are expected to perform their audition with piano accompaniment.
- A designated warm-up room will be available for 20 minutes prior to your audition.
- Performance Diploma Program auditions last 20 minutes (30 minutes for piano) and may include an interview.
- Artist Diploma Program auditions last 30 minutes (40 minutes for piano) and may include an interview.